I am a licensed psychologist who has specialized for over 35 years in treating couples.
During that time, I have
- worked with hundreds of couples on a wide range of problems: (see Common Couples Problems)
- written books, articles and chapters about couples therapy
- given over ninety workshops and professional seminars at conferences, mental health agencies and academic settings, including Harvard Medical School and Smith College School for Social Work
- offered case consultation on couples therapy to local agencies and to therapists individually and in small groups
- been interviewed for articles in Men’s Health, McCall’s and Marie Claire magazines, local newspapers and the Baltimore Sun
I work with all couples – married and unmarried, premarital and divorcing, heterosexual and same sex. This includes couples experiencing a sudden crisis in their relationship as well as those struggling with long-standing stresses, strains and unresolved conflicts.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the best way to reach Dr. Karpel is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org